Sunday, December 29, 2013

Tokyo Chocolate
























Continuing on the food parade from Tokyo trip, this time I want to discuss the treats that we got to bring home.

This post was not to discuss chocolate made in Tokyo; although I do have to mention that despite Swiss chocolates are famous, I think chocolate made in Japan can easily be a rival.  What I love about Japanese chocolate they are not too sweet and no after-taste.

Anyway as you can see from the pics, these chocolate was from Tokyo Chocolate, which I bought at their counter at the basement of Isetan Shinjuku.  First of all, I just love the packaging - they are so cute!  Each box has different drawing of Tokyo's landmarks, ie Tokyo Station, The Sky Tree, etc.






















I bought 2 boxes - the first one was Strawberry Shortcake inspired chocolate, with girly pink colour.

And with Christmas around the corner (at the time), I absolutely must buy the Christmas edition (which featured Tokyo's landmarks inside Santa's boot, as pictured on top :-).  The Christmas edition is Orange Bergamot flavour - the chocolate had orange bits and even glitter on it!

Both were seriously good - I was eating them bit by bit, trying to savour it until the last crumb.


Tokyo Chocolate
Counter at Isetan Shinjuku
http://tokyo-chocolate.jp/