Sunday, December 29, 2013

PAUL Boulangerie



Heard from my sis about a new eating place called Paul at Pacific Place - she said they had a bakery too and they had great reviews. Nowadays I'm in dessert funk since the Tokyo trip, so I thought to try some takeaways. 

Turned out that Paul was a cafe/patisserie from France.  The place at Pacific Place looked great and it was crowded on Friday afternoon.  Even the takeaway counter also have some people queued.

















I chose their Eclair au cafe (crispy choux pastry filled with a coffee flavoured crème pâtissière); Eclair aux framboise (choux pastry with rapsberries and whipped cream - picture on top) and a chocolate cake/mousse that I don't know what's the name (the bill said "3 Choco Dessert").


The triple chocolate cake was good  (mind you, this was a modest review since I was never too fond of chocolate cake because of the sweetness). 
But I absolutely liked the eclairs - they're all very yummy.  The coffee one was interestingly different than any coffee-flavor-pastries; while the raspberry was just L-O-V-E.





Paul
Pacific Place Ground Floor - Jakarta